The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Huge Thanks to Allison Bruning for nominating me! Also, I want to give a shout out to Linda Bowers Bolton, who also nominated me! You ladies rock!
This is all about the fun so if you don’t like fun, well . . .what are you doing on my blog anyway? Hmmm?? Don’t you know I’m the Fun Princess?? Nothing serious here today, but you might just find out something you didn’t know.
My questions were:
1) What is the craziest thing you have ever blogged about?
As I tend to be rather random anyway, that’s a tough one. I’ve blogged about skunks, but I think the most random one would be Stirring the Pot(ter). It starts as a rebuttal to responses made from a previous post where I admitted to not having never read Harry Potter, (GASP!) and missing the entire Phenomenon it has become. It progresses into random references from various movies and books in a humorous venting. Pure nonsense, that’s what it is!
2) How and why did you get into blogging?
I used to write an opinion column in the local paper, and I missed it when the paper went out of business. A friend suggested that I start blogging. I went for it and in one day just jumped in with both feet. It’s a blast and if no one else ever read it, I’d still have a blast. Having readers respond and leave comments has been encouraging, exciting, and somewhat unexpected!
3) What is one thing most people don’t know about you and would find surprising to learn?
That I’m prematurely gray and if I don’t dye it, it’s nearly completely white! My sisters objected when I let it go natural as everyone knows I’m the youngest which meant they were older than a grey hair sister. EEK! I’m not ready to be white-haired, so it’s the color of the month club for me! The current dye job is medium golden brown with purple highlights. It’s also grown out past shoulder length again. I refuse to act my age, why? It’s boring!
4) Favorite genre and why? Romance! Because I love the rollercoaster of emotions , the falling in love feelings by proxy, without having to experience the personal pain and heartache. Plus, they always have super hot guys in them.
5) Favorite type of candy? Why?
York peppermint patties! Love mint and dark chocolate. They are cool and refreshing. Junior Mints are also acceptable. MIni Yorks and the newest bite sized york pieces – No, I can’t buy those I’d eat the whole bag.
6) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?
Prepare blogs ahead of time, and manage your time! If you read mine you can probably tell I write on the fly most of the time! ROFL – funny, so funny! No seriously my biggest problems are with time management, therefore it’s an important thing.
7) How long have you been blogging?
since January 17, 2012! I was feling very sad that I don’t have more followers, but a couple people put it into perspective as it’s only been since the beginning of this year, so relax! I”m having a blast with it, so what difference does it make right?
8) What is one thing on the internet you couldn’t live without and why?
Google – I’d be lost if I couldn’t google things. Even with Google I get lost!
9) If you could go travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
You want the full list or the short version? Hmm, I think I better give you the short list as it would take hours to go over all the places I want to travel.
1. Scotland, because it’s Scotland! Have you seen pictures? Talk about a beautiful rugged landscape! Plus men in kilts – swoon! Culloden, Loch Ness, Inverness, Glengarry, Isle of Skye Ben Nevis . . . I want to see all of it!
2. UK – including Scotland I want to spend an entire summer visiting different spots throughout the UK, touring every castle and ruin. Popping over to Ireland for a couple of weeks, then staying in London for a couple more.
3. Paris, France – It is the city of romance and I write romance. What woman doesn’t want to go to Paris?
4. Cancun – because it’s ocean, tropical, sun and fun!
5. Punta Cana – Tropical Caribbean waters, ocean, fun and sun!
6. St. Thomas, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, – Island paradise. Caribbean waters, tropical – you get the idea.
7. Nova Scotia – I want to ride a tidal bore; go whale watching, and delve into the heritage centers there.
8. Hawaii – Try surfing, walk on black sand beaches; a helicopter tour of islands, and active volcanoes! Plus the Arizona memorial.
9. Alaska – whale watching, the glaciers, one of the few cruises I would consider.
10. Israel – I want to tour the Holy Lands!
That’s the short list, for a full list get out an almanac and look at every country that has a) beautiful landscapes, b)beaches, or c) interesting landmarks. If you’re paying attention that leaves out Antarctica; and the deserts. I’ve seen sand; would rather it be on a beach. Everywhere else is fair game! OH except for Petra in Jordan, and the Pyramids at Giza . . . ok I”ll stop now.
10) Ever had that infamous blonde moment? If so what’s the dumbest thing you have ever done?
Ummm, no never! I’m not blond. I was for a couple of years but my dark roots showed too much. NO, I swear I never have. (Sneaks away quietly turning ten shades of red – like I could pick just one!)
11) What the best movie you ever saw and why?
OK, true dorkness showing here. My all-time favorite movie is Excalibur. The tale of King Arthur, Merlin and the legendary Excalibur. Aside from Arthurian legend, the cinematography was awesome, it was fun and still remains my favorite movie! I also like Fifth Element – quirky but fun.
Share 11 random facts about yourself:
- I’m the baby of the family, youngest of five.
- I like to go fishing but I don’t touch worms. Yuck! Minnows and crickets are ok – no worms.
- My perfume of choice is Vanilla Fields.
- I’ve saved two lives. Once as a lifeguard, and the second time a victim of an auto-pedestrian accident that I saw happen, ran to them and immediately applied pressure to wounds and gave CPR.
- My first car was a vette; a Chevette! (Pond scum green, 4 cylinder econo-box that got great gas mileage up and down the highway, went through six starters and alternators; stick shift, no AC!)
- I can be very OCD about certain things like hand washing and teeth brushing.
- Octopus freak me out! Don’t even get me started on parasites – shiver!
- I took classes to be a forensic scientist for a while – until the third autopsy, then I decided I’d do better in a more social environment not a room of dead people.
- I’m taller than most of the women in my family. Coming from a French heritage on my dad’s side, most are short French people. Many of the women barely reach 5 ft. At 5’5″, I’m nearly a giant. Well, until my daughters stand next to me.
- I was into bodybuilding in my twenties. Never competed, but that was my goal for a while, until the 12 hour work shifts during desert storm ended my four hour sessions in the gym.
- I was a Miss Missouri contestant when I was 17. (Won Miss Congeniality but wasn’t even close to winning title!)
I hereby nominate the following eleven bloggers to receive the Liebster Award!
- Sian Young http://siansblogonwriting.blogspot.com/
- Anjie Harrte http://authoranjieharrte.blogspot.com/
- Penelope Price http://www..penelopeprice.net
- Cathy Brockman http://networkedblogs.com/zNjIM
- Linda Bowers Bolton http://www.lindabolton.blogspot.com/
- DeAnne Troup http://www.deannaspencer.com/
- Joe McCoubrey http://joemccoubrey1.com/
- Tasha Turner http://tasha-turner.com/blog/
- Toledo Boogz http://airoftorris.wordpress.com/
- Dana Ellington Myles http://satinsheetdiva.com/
- Ed Griffin http://writerswritedaily.wordpress.com/
My questions forthese 11 people are:
- What genres do you read and write? Why?
- Are you a pantser or a plotter?
- Is there a writer that inspires you, perhaps got you interested in writing in the first place?
- If you could talk to any three people dead or alive who would they be?
- Describe your work space.
- Who is your favorite author?
- If your book were made into a movie, who would play your main character?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What foods coax your muse into productivity?
- Coffee or tea? What’s your favorite, how do you like it, and in what quantity?
The rules are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.
2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.
3. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Write eleven questions for your nominees and then…
5. Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)