Meremec River; Eureka, MO
- Weather is an interesting beast. Torrential rainfall, thunder, lightning, power outages – yeah I thought it best to turn my computer off while hiding out in the dragon cave, er basement.
- I haven’t figured out how to make a post while driving, and I’ve been driving a lot for job related reasons.
- Unexpected family issues that demand attention right now!
- Scheduling conflicts between job demands, family demands, and life demands have overtaken the waking hours and by the time I have time to sit and write I fall asleep almost instantaneously.
- Homework has a deadline – blog posts do not.
- Too many irons in the fire! OK, I’m working on this one. I’ve laid down a few, and as soon as someone notices they try to get me to help them with their goals. NO, I laid them down for a reason. No, I’m not your gopher, your free labor, or your indentured servant.
- Rural internet sucks. I had absolutely no connection this morning when I had time to write. Writing can be done offline – posting requires an internet connection.
- I got sucked into a black hole called Rollercoaster Tycoon. It had been ages since I’d even thought about it. My daughter challenged me to beat her score for Dynamic Dunes. I HAD to accept the challenge. You understand right? Right??
- Food preparation and menu planning. DAGNABIT – I get an idea, and these people want to be fed AGAIN. One of the down sides of not using those convenience foods is that it requires me to actually prepare a meal. You know chop vegetables, stand at the stove and stir so it doesn’t burn. I am an excellent cook by the way. I can’t tarnish my record. I’m not switching to those tasteless salt laden convenience foods now – I’m rather addicted to the fresh wholesome foods.
- My kids are home for the summer. Yeah, so? So, this means that by the time I finish the paid job there is a lot of distraction and demands on my time and attention. I’m only human, and a mom. I can’t ignore my spawn, er children.
Yeah, that’s my story and I’m sticking with it. I have been doing a lot of handwriting and as time allows I translate into typed. It may seem like double work, but I view my handwritten notes as a first draft and the typed material as first edits.
Since I haven’t been able to afford those four clones I mentioned some time last year, then I have to do the other parts as well. You know the cooking cleaning, . . . well at least the cooking. Life goes on, and sometimes you just have to slow down and enjoy the people in your life. My kids are home for the summer – that is the main reason. I am choosing to spend time with my girls while they are living at home. The oldest is back after her first year of college. The youngest will be a senior next year. Working around jobs, and scheduling for all of us I want to actually have time with them before they are off on their own.
I love you all, every one of my readers but no one outranks my kids! We all have our priorities in life. Mine is my family. What’s yours?
I haven’t quit writing, and the blog post on creativity should be up tomorrow – weather permitting and internet connection allowing. I am taking a more leisurely approach to just about everything over the summer months.
Write on my friends, write on!