An amazing super food! There are so many ways to incorporate this into your diet. Here are a few suggestions:
- use instead of rice, or combined with rice
- use in place of bread crumbs in meatloaf
- use as you would oatmeal in the morning – add your favorite toppings. Mine are peaches, cream, and a little honey.
- Make quinoa cookies – pretty much like you would make oatmeal cookies.
- Add it to a basic bread recipe!
- Add some to your salad before drizzling your favorite dressing over it.
Q – Queen
Queen -of hearts, of diamonds, spades, but what about clubs? Are there no songs to commemorate the queen of clubs?
Many of you may not know this, but a friend of mine has immortalized me as the evil queen (mwahaha haha- cackles with evil laughter) in not one but two of her books. OK, so the second is a sequel to the first but never the less I am immortalized as evil queen Ellie! Apparently Queen Ellie has a thing for shrimp, not the kind you eat but rather a character that is a shrimp. Interesting.
I considered snapping a few pics for queen-sized, but naaaaaaaahhhh!
Q – Quackers
These precious babies bring a smile to my face when then my legs are nearly shaking on the last lap around the pond.
Q – Quilt
OK, I don’t know what the deal is but we saw numerous of these, all different on the ends of barns as we drove through northern Missouri and Iowa. Is this an Amish thing? Mennonite? Is there some symbolic meaning behind it? I don’t know but it got us talking.
If anyone wants to fill me in on why so many people have a quilt block design on their barns, I’d love to know. Have a fabulous day!
Write on my friends, write on!