Welcome to week 10 of the 52-week MFRW blog challenge. Each week I will post something about that week’s topic. Ready to play?
This week’s prompt:
Seven Guilty Pleasures
Only Seven? Hmm, well I suppose I can go with the top ones.
- Supernatural – I make myself a bargain that if I get a certain word count, or get X number of pages edited for someone, and some housework – because housework is the bane of my existence – then I reward myself with some Sam and Dean time. Only one episode though, because I could sit for hours and binge watch. However, if I double the amounts above I get two episodes.
- Nancy Drew games – No judging! I read the books when I was preteen, and I admit I am hooked on the games. I love the puzzles, having to figure out the clues, getting all of the easter eggs, . . . yes, I am a gamer nerd. Not in the sense that others are who are playing FPS games, but I love love LOVE Nancy Drew PC games and Lara Croft on PS3. I have played every single Lara Croft game since the first including Dark Angel, up to the most recent which I don’t have yet because I haven’t beaten the last one. Danger on Deception Island, Curse of Blackmoor Manor, The Haunted Carousel, I’m stuck on The Phantom of Venice, I have Nancy in the last chamber that I have to figure out the sequence of turning the valves so she doesn’t drown. I’ve managed to kill Nancy probably about 35 times now. Good thing she is resilient.
- WASHI tape– Hello, my name is Ellie and I am a WASHI tape addict. It’s been seventeen days since my last purchase. I own 73 different styles of washi tape and I want more. (Don’t tell my husband that number please I beg you!)
- BUJO – also related to the washi tape, because this is the biggest use for my washi tape. I don’t know what I ever did before I discovered the bullet journal aka bujo. I get behind on occasion when life gets busy, but more often than not it holds my daily todo lists, highlights that happen, a record of appointments and scheduled events/classes. It is my life blood! * clutches it close to my chest*
- PENS – I had an unhealthy obsession with pens before using a bujo, . . . can anyone guess what enables me to indulge in this pen obsession even more? You guessed it, my BUJO! Come on, you can’t keep a record of your life simply with black ink. Pens come in a myriad of colors and I have each month color coded. Most of the time my writing is in black because I did a whole month last Spring in hot pink and wow, was that hard on my eyes! But, the highlights of the day, a special quote, a mandala, or a scripture that had significant meaning that day – these things are set off with color and various width of pens from .3 micron to a wide chiseled edge Staedler Mars. Only a true pen junkie will understand. I also have a couple of fountain pens . . . excuse me while I have a moment, . . . I absolutely love how they flow, but when you use a cheaper paper, they will bleed through and definitely ghost onto the backside.
- Dark Chocolate covered expresso beans! Now you’re talking. Come on – chocolate, coffee, together. . . brilliant. The only thing after a handful I could rearrange the entire garage and start on five other projects before they wore off and then I crash horribly unless I eat some more and then I ‘m good to go until those wear off or I fall asleep . . . and come to with seven unfinished projects and a path of destruction in my wake.
- HGTV – as much as you may think I have some serious addictive behavior, . . . you really don’t know the half of it. I couldn’t tell you any of the current shows on TV except Master Chef Junior. I can’t even tell you what night that is on. However, I can tell you exactly when Property Brothers are on, Chip and Joanna Gaines – love them, ( Yeah I know that isn’t the name of the show, so what!), Love it or List it, tiny houses fascinates me but I could never live in one full time. A few weeks ago when I was quite ill with the flu, could barely keep water down, and was buried in a cocoon of comforter and layered clothing, I had the clicker in hand – not that I was clicker happy, but to keep anyone else from using it. It was Property Brothers back to back episodes until they got to one that I had already seen. AT which time I switched to DIY channel and bathroom crashers. I think the only reason I got away with it is that they didn’t want the germs as when I lifted my hand to my mouth to cover my cough, it was the hand that held the remote. DETERRENT FOR THE WIN. You will be happy to know I have since disinfected the remote as well as 99% of our house. I give you a 1% error for places I can’t reach like above the cabinets.
I could go on and on with things that I really enjoy but seldom indulge in like fried chicken, chocolate ice cream, going to the theater, going to auctions, but the prompt was for seven. Probably a good thing to limit that as I will tell on myself and share TMI! Here’s a list of other bloggers sharing their guilts:
How are you liking these posts? I know I’ve been awol this past week with other posts but I’m getting a lot of words down. I promise to share another excerpt soon but when the muse is talking, I have to give my full attention as she’s a fickle thing!
You can find other posts in this series from yours truly here:
- Raindrops on Roses
- They’ll Survive – I Guess
- Binge Watching #MFRWauthor
- Thank God for Grace in Editing!
- #MFRW Best Friends
- Crafty Author #MFRWauthor
- Musical Mayhem #MFRWauthor
- A Rose by Any Other Name . . . #MFRWauthor
- I’ll take What is Purple Prose for 50 Alex #MFRWauthor
Til next time!
Write on my friends, write on!