Happy Friday! It’s time for the MFRW 52 week blog hop for 2018!
Welcome to week 7: Top5 Things on My Bucket List
Let’s get right to it then, shall we? I never really put much stock into a bucket list until last year, when I thought I had waited too long. All sorts of images from worst case scenario to the ten worst possibilities flooded my mind. I thought that the first thing on my list would never get accomplished, and if I was lucky I might be able to do number 3 and 5.
Prior to my surgery I actually sat down and made a list of the things I wanted to accomplish or experience before I kicked off, or kicked the bucket. As that day seemed rapidly approaching, I spent most of those days in tears not knowing how I would be able to do any of them.
I’ve mentioned it before, but yes I tend to be overly dramatic at times. It’s kind of difficult not to when you get the big C diagnosis. I have been intensely focused on the first one, and this year I plan to make a serious dent in the first one, second one, and the 5th one. (I’m really pulling for all 5, but hope to complete #2 and #5 this year!)
Ellie’s Top 5 Bucket List Items
- Publish 20 of my books. I have a huge file of partially completed and completed stories that I have been clinging to, reluctant to release my babies. Then what did I write them for? Why do I write in the first place? To entertain others. How is anyone going to enjoy them when they are squirreled away in a locked file?
- Decorate my home the way I want! I spent many years, trying to pease my mother, trying to win the approval of my mother in law. I spent so long trying to fit in with everyone else, I didn’t put things on my wall that I like. Currently, we have very little on the walls. I can’t really use the excuse of we just painted because we painted over 5 years ago. I need to minimize the clutter in my home and organize, and put up minimum decorations in this house, in order to sell. But when we move, Katy Bar the Door! I’ve got some great ideas saved on Pinterest.
- Travel!!! Nova Scotia, Western Caribbean, Hawaii, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Venice, Rome, Australia – not sure I want to go to the outback and experience the wildlife like black mambas – crikey! There are places in the US that I haven’t been to yet, and I want to go. The Badlands, Grand Canyon, and many others!
- Be the Keynote Speaker at an Author Event. Someday. I have done public speaking before, that’s not the challenge. The challenge is to do it for other writers. It will be so much more fun than speaking of scientific type stuff.
- MY OWN OFFICE!!!! Let me clarify, my own home office. If you’ve read last week’s post about the office you will understand. And here is where we have the hole in the bucket.
What do you think? Do you think they are attainable? How about you? what are some of the items on your bucket list?
As this is a blog hop, there are many other authors who are participating. You can check them out HERE: when I scheduled this, the list wasn’t up yet so hopefully you will be able to go there and get the fresh list.
Write on my friends, write on!