Sometime in January, I usually share a post on how well I did at hitting my goals in the previous year and my goals for this year. I think maybe I’ll do that Sunday if y’all tune in then. I’ve been thinking a lot about what to blog and since I haven’t done so well at getting them published, I’ve got a backlog of words that are piling up. Multiple ideas, categories, things I’m dealing with, things I find interesting and things I think others would be interested in. I’m hoping that my readers can help me get organized on this blog!
So, in that vein, here are a few categories that I’m thinking about making regular posts this year. If you read this post, please leave a comment and let me know which categories you want to hear about, and which you do NOT.
- books – mine and other authors, cover reveals, releases, reviews.
- teasers and tasty tidbits – teasers of my current WIP, and a new recipe, hopefully with pictures of the finished product. (Keto, diabetic, sugar-free, regular)
- Monday mojo – my Monday motivational posts, they always seemed to be one of the categories that do well and that readers like.
- On Writing – plot, characters, story, mary sues, flat stanleys, writing prompts, contests, submission calls.
- Life – stuff we all go through, dealing with difficult people, learning to say no, emotions, and all that stuff that gets in our head.
- Random madness – you know the ones, those crazy posts that seem way out in left field, but once you read through you go “ah yes, now I get it.” Or something just off the wall, because creative minds are never waffles, but spaghetti.
- Crafts, DIY, hobbies – painting, BUJO, bullet journaling.
- Excerpts of my work.
- Deals – when books are on sale, when I am doing giveaways.
- Sports, politics, finance, – I won’t say never, but 99% sure you won’t ever find these here.
- Humor – because if you can’t laugh once in a while, you seriously need to.
I plan to do a few more vlogs this year, getting a little more comfortable in front of the camera. I mean, hey if you aren’t put off by my mug on here, then I’m willing to talk your ear off! By the way, if you want to see some really embarrassing stuff, go check out my youtube channel and see my Splendies unboxing. HAHA! I have to reload the latest one, it cut off on me.
Anyway, that’s it for today, have had Doctor’s appointments, done my housework and got 1300 words down. I’m calling today a win! Oh, and I shared today’s fashion on Instagram!
Before I leave you, I’ll drop the last few lines of my Current WIP, Fury: Book II of the Valkyrie’s Curse series, here:
Morning sunlight shimmered upon the waves. Elias Westergaard stood at the stern railing of his yacht, enjoying the rich bold flavor of his imported Colombian coffee.
He had done everything right. His timing had been impeccable, as always. Helena was to blame. She had somehow managed to thwart his plans. She would pay.
For now though, he needed to lay low. There was no safer place for him than on the open sea. He preferred to stay within sight of the shore, but the current situation demanded otherwise.
“More coffee sir?” Martin Tanner stood to his right, back a few paces behind him.
Elias held his cup out, allowing the boy to fill it. Martin was a nuisance to him, but he kept things running smoothly on the yacht.
“Will there be anything else, Dr. Westergaard?”
“No, that will be all.” He lifted his cup almost to his mouth, “Oh Martin,” pausing for a moment his arm in an odd angle as if posing for a magazine.
“There is one more thing. Inform Walter I’d like the lobster bisque for lunch.”
He lifted the cup the remaining distance, closing his eyes as he relished the hot liquid warming his throat while chasing away the chill of the air. He needed to brace himself for this dive.
Keep in mind this is only the first revision and hasn’t been touched since NANO camp last April.
Write on my friends, write on!